There are a lot of mountain vacation rentals with similar features and amenities, so choosing between one cabin and another often comes down to the atmosphere it projects that sets it apart. With a warm and cozy ambience and a rustic décor, vintage-inspired furniture and homey patchworks and plaids, Southern Star can be summed up by a saying on a family room pillow: ‘Cabin Sweet Cabin.’
Nestled in the woods in Morganton, the all-pine cabin is a secluded, peaceful oasis of tranquility far from the commotion of daily life. But it’s less than 15 minutes from downtown Blue Ridge and all the activities and attractions the area has to offer, including Brasstown Bald Mountain, the Ocoee River Olympic facility, and the swinging suspension bridge on the Toccoa River.
Inside Southern Star you’ll find three spacious, comfortable bedrooms featuring updated furniture and queen beds. The main level master bedroom has a Smart TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime and a private en suite bathroom with tub/shower. On the upper level, there are queen beds in the bedroom and the open loft, and a shared Jack & Jill bathroom with a stall shower. Both bathrooms have blow dryers available for your use.
The main floor family room is the heart of the home, with a dramatic two-story vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, and 55” TV equipped with DVD player and DVDs, surround sound, and Apple TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. The adjacent open kitchen is fully stocked, with electric stove/oven, microwave, blender, fridge with icemaker, Keurig, coffeemaker, and 12 place settings. There’s room for six at the dining table with an expansion leaf, plus two at the breakfast bar.
Love to barbecue? Fire up the gas grill and enjoy your favorite al fresco feast. There are rockers, a porch swing and a six-seat hot tub to relax in and a fire pit for your s’mores-making pleasure. On a clear night, you can settle into an Adirondack chair, gaze up at the heavens and count the millions of stars in the sky above.
Southern Star also provides WiFi, ceiling fans in every room, a washer/dryer, a variety of books, games and puzzles. Most importantly, it offers you and your loved ones a beautiful place to gather, bond and enjoy time together as you experience a vacation you’ll remember for years to come.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 6 (3 queens)
- Outdoor - covered front porch, 2 rocking chairs, porch swing, hammock, gas grill: covered back deck, 2 rocking chairs, porch swing, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, 4 Adirondack chairs; picnic table near hammock and 10 yards from porch but not on porch
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel and white appliances, custom cabinets, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, blender, crockpot, coffeemaker, Keurig, cold brew coffee jar maker, ceiling fan
- Dining Room - dining table seats 4 (expandable to 6)
- Media - streaming entertainment, local telephone
- Family Room - couch, loveseat, coffee table, 55” flat screen TV with DVD player, Apple TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime, DVD movies, surround sound, stone gas fireplace, side table, lamps, puzzles, ceiling fan
- Loft - open loft, queen bed, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, foosball table, 43" smart TV
- Bedrooms - upstairs bedroom, queen bed, night stand, lamp, dresser, ceiling fan; main level master bedroom, queen bed, electric stove, 24” smart TV with Netflix and Amazon Prime, dresser, night stands, lamps, rocker, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs bath, stand up shower, vanity; main level master bath, tub/shower combo, vanity, walk-in closet
- Pet Friendly - allows up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer upstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway
- Located next door to Fernhaven