Rising above the canopy with the clouds above and majestic mountains in the distance, Princeton Heights is like a treehouse on a grand scale, with all the amenities of an exclusive resort. This beautiful custom red cedar log home is located in Blue Ridge, seven miles from downtown in the heart of the Aska Adventure area. Whatever sports or activities you favor, whether it’s swimming, fly fishing, kayaking, mountain biking or hiking the nearby Benton MacKaye and Aska trails, you can find it here, just minutes away.
The cabin’s centerpiece is the luxurious, spacious great room, with its vaulted ceilings, massive log columns, leather sofas, handsome log lodge-style décor, a wood-burning fireplace, and enormous picture windows to frame the breathtaking view. The adjacent kitchen, outfitted with maple cabinets, granite countertops, black KitchenAid appliances including gas stove/oven and refrigerator with icemaker, a crockpot, and drip coffeemaker provides everything you need to prepare and serve—whether it’s a midnight snack or a feast for a crowd. There’s seating for eight at the dining room table, and another eight in the kitchen.
Downstairs, there’s an equally comfortable and inviting living space, with suede sofas, a 65” TV, a gas fireplace, billiards table, ping-pong, games, puzzles, and books to entertain you. Or head out to the deck for more alfresco fun and relaxation. You can fire up the charcoal grill and enjoy your barbecued repast, settle into a rocker with a drink as the fireplace warms you, or soak in the six-seat hot tub as you take in the spectacular sunset view after an adventure-filled day. There’s also a fire pit for your s’more making and marshmallow roasting pleasure.
When it’s time to call it a night, you’ll have a choice of four bedrooms that can accommodate up to 12 guests total. The main level master features a lovely custom king bed, porch access, a 43” TV and a private bathroom with high-end slate and tile walk-in shower. On the same floor, there’s a queen bed and 43” TV in the second bedroom, also with private bath and walk-in shower. There are two bedrooms downstairs, one with a queen bed, deck access with a 55” TV and the other with two sets of twin-over-full bunk beds, ideal for kids. The shared bathroom has tub and shower.
Named for the Ivy League university the owners’ daughter had considered attending, Princeton Heights has all the connectivity you can’t live without, including WiFi, a DVD player, Sling TV and streaming services Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. There’s also a washer/dryer, a concrete driveway and a level playing area.
The cabin is pet-friendly, so feel free to bring your furry best friend along to enjoy your vacation with family and friends in this truly magical mountain oasis.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 12 (king, 2 queens, 2 twin over full bunk beds)
- Game Room - billiards, ping pong table, 65” flat screen Smart TV with DVD player, wet bar with wine cooler, 2 suede sofas, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, bean bags, rug, side table, high top with stools, sofa, puzzles, games, books
- Outdoor - covered front porch, 2 benches; main level deck, stone wood burning fireplace, outdoor speakers, double rocker, 4 rockers, rug, charcoal grill (bring your charcoal); lower deck, hot tub seats 6; fire pit, log seating for 12
- Interior - wood tongue and groove, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, black appliances, custom maple cabinets, granite countertops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen table seats 8, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 8
- Media - Sling TV, Hulu Live, Netflix, Amazon Prime, local telephone
- Family Room - 2 leather sofas, stereo and iPad connector in closet beside half bath, stone wood burning fireplace, coffee table, 2 rockers, end tables, lamps, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - main level master, king bed, 43” flat screen Smart TV, chair, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan, access to deck; main level bedroom, queen bed, 43” flat screen Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, bench, ceiling fan; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 55” flat screen Smart TV, nightstand, lamp, dresser, bench, chair, ceiling fan, access to deck; second downstairs bedroom, 2 twin over full bunk beds, bench, nightstand, lamp
- Bathrooms - main level master bath, tiled walk-in shower, granite top double vanities with copper sinks; main level half bath; main level bath, walk-in shower, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Pet friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Child Amenities - games, sidewalk chalk
- Laundry - washer and dryer downstairs
- Central HVAC
- Driveway - paved road to cabin, concrete driveway