There’s so much to love about Aska Creek-N-View, but as its name indicates, its best assets are both auditory and visual: the sound of the rushing creek below and the incredible mountain vistas that will take your breath away. Perched on a hilltop acre in the Aska Adventure Area, it’s a convenient nine miles from downtown Blue Ridge but miles away from the traffic, obligations, and stresses of everyday life.
With two furnished screened-in porches, the cabin is made for outdoor living, so plan to grab a drink, light the wood-burning fireplace, and settle into a rocker, glider, the comfy daybed or the four-person hot tub as you take in the glorious sunset and enjoy your favorite grilled fare alfresco.
The view is just as spectacular from inside, thanks to the enormous wall of glass on the main level that stretches skyward from the hardwood floor to the vaulted ceiling. This inviting open space features a comfortable couch and chairs, a stacked stone gas fireplace, a 50” smart TV, and an animal-themed decor that mixes modern and rustic in a pleasing, harmonious way.
The spacious kitchen is outfitted with wood cabinetry, black granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances including a refrigerator with icemaker, microwave, electric stove, and dishwasher, a coffeemaker, crockpot and a breakfast bar with two stools. Sit at the six-seat dining table and you’ll see a bear outside the window, but there’s no need to fear. That’s Hirschel, the hand-carved ursine, inherited from the cabin’s previous owners.
Downstairs in the game room, you can play shuffleboard, board games, or any of the 60 built-in classic games on the custom arcade-style video game machine, or relax in front of the fireplace to watch the 50” Smart TV. One of the three bedrooms is also on this level off the game room, with a pair of queen beds, a 20” TV, and a separate bath with tub and shower.
Both the main and upper floor master bedrooms feature king beds, 43” TVs, and outside access through French doors. The upstairs master has its own screened balcony, hand-carved Amish furniture, and a private bath, and the main level master’s bath is separate with a private entrance. All three bathrooms have granite counters and tub/shower combos.
When you want to get out and explore, you’ll find many fantastic spots to dine, drink, shop and play a short distance away. Great hiking trails, the Toccoa River Restaurant and Fall Branch Falls are within a mile of the cabin. Or take the scenic, easy drive to downtown Blue Ridge, where you can dine at Chester’s and Black Sheep, buy herbs and shop for oils at Blue Ridge Olive Oil Company and trinkets and vintage candies at Huck’s General Store. For beer drinkers, there’s Fannin Brewing Company and Grumpy Old Men Brewing, both downtown. Wine enthusiasts can sample the fruit of the vine at Bear Claw, also downtown, or Serenberry Vineyards in Morganton.
Aska Creek-N-View, provides guests with WiFi, DISH Network, laundry facilities, and ceiling fans throughout the cabin. Choose it for your vacation and your family will be rewarded with the simple pleasures of peace and quiet, nature’s beauty and priceless bonding time with loved ones that you’ll cherish for years to come.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (2 kings, 2 queens)
- Game Room - shuffleboard, arcade style video game machine, board games, stacked stone gas fireplace, 50” Smart TV, sofa, coffee table, side table, ceiling fan, rug
- Outdoor - covered front porch, benches, Adirondack chairs, gas grill, coffee table; main level screened deck, stacked stone wood burning fireplace, patio table seats 4, daybed, rockers, lamp, ceiling fan; upstairs screened deck, patio chairs, side table, rug; lower patio, hot tub seats 4, cooler, rockers
- Interior - natural wood, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, pantry, granite counter tops, breakfast bar seats 2, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, coffeemaker
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 2
- Media - Dish network, Smart TV streaming entertainment (sign-in to your subscription channels), local telephone
- Family Room - microfiber sofa, lounging chairs, leather chair with ottoman, stacked stone gas fireplace, 50” Smart TV, side table, coffee table, lamp, rug, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 43” Smart TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, chair, ceiling fan, balcony access with 2 chairs and side table; main level bedroom, king bed, 43” Smart TV, night stands, lamps, chair, ceiling fan, rug; downstairs bedroom off game room with 2 queen beds, 20” Smart TV, night stands, lamps, rug, ceiling fan. This bedroom is not private off game room. Room dividers are provided for privacy
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; main level bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, granite top vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on downstairs level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway
- Other cabin nearby is Buckingham Palace