If you love the calming, soothing sound of a gently flowing river greeting you in the morning and lulling you to sleep at night, you’ll love River Serenity. Set on the banks of the Toccoa River in the Aska Adventure Area eight miles from downtown Blue Ridge, this beautiful wooded water property is perfectly situated to take advantage of the sights and sounds of the river. A hammock, swinging bench, and fire pit face the waterfront, and large picture windows and decks including one at the river’s edge are designed to maximize the view.
Named for both the feeling of serenity that you’ll feel and the spacecraft in the TV show Firefly (a favorite of the owners), the cabin has a distinctive blue and yellow exterior, a color palette that you’ll also see in the screened porch, kitchen/dining area and in the décor of the game room, which has exposed pipes and an industrial-style feel.
The main level living room is cozy, warm and inviting, with comfortable sofa and chairs and a wood-burning fireplace, the hearth and heart of the home. The adjacent kitchen is spacious and well-equipped, with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances including a double size electric stove and oven, microwave and refrigerator with icemaker, drip and Keurig coffeemakers, a crockpot and toaster. The dining table seats six and the kitchen island seats three.
Out on the deck, you can grill up steaks, burgers or the fish you caught that day. There’s a picnic table and plenty of seating, including rockers, chairs and lounges. For indoor fun, you’ll find a billiards table, foosball, game system, board games and TV in the game room, one of three Dish Network-equipped sets in the cabin.
Of course, you’ll want to try local restaurants too, and explore everything the surrounding area has to offer, including horseback riding, tubing, hiking, and fruit picking at local orchards.
River Serenity’s three bedrooms have king beds with private bathrooms, two on the top floor and one on the lower. The upstairs bedrooms have vaulted ceilings, one with access to the screened porch and a wall of windows providing a view of the river. There’s a sectional couch and TV in the adjacent loft. Both upstairs bathrooms have double sinks; one has a rain shower and separate toilet, the other has a tub/shower combo. The remaining two bathrooms, adjacent to the main level bedroom and game room, have single sinks/vanities.
River Serenity’s other amenities include wireless internet, washer and dryer, a level playing area, ceiling fans in the living room and bedrooms, and parking in the gravel driveway. With soothing sound of the river setting the scene, you’ll relax, unwind, and enjoy your stay at this unique waterfront oasis. Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 8 (3 kings, 2 roll away twin beds)
- Game Room - billiards, foosball, board games, 60" flat screen TV, 2 chairs, loveseat, 2 leather chairs, bean bag, coffee table, rug, deck access
- Outdoor - covered front porch; main level screened-in porch, 2 chairs, rocker, sofa, coffee table, ceiling fan, gas grill; second main level screened-in porch, 2 rockers; upstairs screened-in porch, 3 lounges, ceiling fan; fire pit, 6 chairs, hammock; riverside deck on Toccoa river, table with umbrella and 4 chairs, swinging bench
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, double oven, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, kitchen utensils, microwave, kitchen island seats 3, crockpot, toaster, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6
- Media - Dish Network, local telephone
- Family Room - microfiber curved sofa, 2 leather chairs, stone wood burning fireplace, 60" flat screen TV, coffee table, side tables, rug, ceiling fan
- Loft - 42" flat screen TV, microfiber reclining sectional sofa, chair, coffee table, side table, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master ensuite bedroom, king bed, night stand, chair, chest, rug, ceiling fan, river view, access to screened-in porch; second upstairs ensuite bedroom, king bed, dresser, lamp, ceiling fan; main level ensuite bedroom, king bed, dresser, night stands, lamps, ceiling fan
- Bathrooms - upstairs master ensuite bath, toilet room, walk-in rain shower, double sink vanity; second upstairs ensuite bath, tub/shower combo, vanity; main level ensuite bath, tub/shower combo, double vanity; downstairs bath, tub/shower combo, vanity
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - gravel roads to cabin, gravel circular driveway