Nestled high on a hillside surrounded by tall trees, with wraparound decks that make the most of its magnificent long-range mountain views, Resting Bear Retreat makes a great first impression. But this beautiful cabin is no less impressive inside its rustic walls. Professionally decorated yet laid-back and cozy, with all the amenities you expect and a warm and welcoming ambiance, it’s a peaceful, private oasis where you can relax and recharge while enjoying everything the Georgia mountains have to offer.
Greeted by the smell of fresh wood, you will feel at home the moment you walk through the front door and take in the vaulted ceiling, hardwood floors, French doors, handsome stone fireplaces in the two main living areas, custom log stair rails that lead up to the loft, and oversize glass windows that allow natural light in and showcase the view.
In keeping with its natural setting, Resting Bear Retreat is decorated with a wildlife theme that is represented in the rustic decor, including custom artwork, quilts, and other touches that reflect its ursine name. Many of the items are locally crafted, including a coffee table made by high school students.
Throw a log on the fire and watch TV or crank up your playlist—there’s a 43” HD TV with DVD and surround sound in the family room, one of five DISH Network-equipped HD TVs in the cabin—while you kick back with your favorite snacks and drinks. You’ll prepare them in the adjacent kitchen, which has wood cabinets and stone countertops, stainless steel appliances including electric stove and oven, refrigerator with icemaker, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, Keurig coffee maker, crockpot, rice maker, new pots and pans, and all the serving implements you need. The dining table can accommodate six, plus three on Amish wood stools at the island.
One level below, you’ll find a game room with a pool table, games, a gas fireplace and 50” TV. It opens onto a bottom deck, where you can chill in a porch swing or soak in the four-seat hot tub while taking in the view. There’s a screened-in porch on the upper deck, with plenty of seating, two charcoal grills for your barbecue feasts, and a fire pit in the cabin’s backyard.
When it’s time to turn in for the night, you’ll slumber in comfort in one of three bedrooms, each furnished with a rustic handmade bed, a 32” TV, and an alarm clock with wireless cell phone charging station. The master bedroom upstairs has a king log bed, vaulted ceiling, a large picture window, and private bath with double vanities, jetted tub and walk-in shower. There’s a brand-new baby crib with wildlife-theme bedding, a playpen, and a queen bed in the open loft area with separate access to the master bath.
The main floor bedroom has a queen bed, deck access, and a separate bath with natural stone countertop, copper sink, tub and shower, and full-size washer/dryer. Downstairs, there’s one bedroom with a queen bed, and private bath with stone countertop, copper sink, stone floor and walk-in shower. A set of hand-carved Amish twin bunk beds in the common area provide extra sleeping accommodations. (Guests sleeping here have access to the bathroom.)
Resting Bear Retreat is located in the Aska Adventure Area, 15 minutes from the many shopping and dining options in downtown Blue Ridge. Fortified by a hearty breakfast at the Iron Bridge Cafe, just two miles away, you can explore waterfalls, state parks, and hiking trails, or take a drive to nearby towns like Helen, Dahlonega, Ellijay, and Blairsville.
You’re welcome to bring up to two dogs with you on your mountain retreat. The owners, longtime visitors to the area, decided to share their home with others so they can feel the same way that they do about the mountains. Vacation here and you’ll feel relaxed, renewed and eager to return.Amenities
- Unlimited WiFi
- Cabin sleeps 10 (1 king, 3 queens, twin bunk beds)
- Game Room - pool table, board games, 50” HD TV, leather sofa, chairs, stone gas fireplace, coffee table, ceiling fan, rug, twin bunk beds
- Outdoor - covered front porch, chairs, side table, 2 charcoal grills; main level covered screened deck, patio furniture seats 6, end table, coffee table; lower patio, porch swing, hot tub seats 4, fire pit with large stones for seating
- Interior - natural wood, warm drywall finishes, ceiling fans
- Kitchen - fully equipped main level kitchen, stainless steel appliances, oven, custom cabinets, natural stone counter tops, breakfast bar seats 3, kitchen utensils, microwave, crockpot, blender, toaster, rice maker, coffeemaker, Keurig
- Dining Room - dining table seats 6, breakfast bar seats 3
- Media - cable, local telephone
- Family Room - 2 sofas, chair, stone wood burning fireplace, 43” HD TV, side tables, coffee table, lamps
- Loft - open loft, queen bed, bench, writing/computer desk and chairs, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan
- Bedrooms - upstairs master bedroom, king bed, 32” HD TV, dresser, night stands, lamps, crib, rug; main level bedroom, queen bed, 32” HD TV, dresser, night stands, lamps; downstairs bedroom, queen bed, 32” HD TV, night stand, lamp, chair, rug
- Bathrooms - upstairs master bath, jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower, double vanity; main level bath, tub shower combo, stone top vanity; downstairs bath, walk-in shower, stone top vanity
- Pet Friendly - up to 2 well behaved dogs with prior management approval
- Laundry - washer and dryer on main level
- Central HVAC
- Drive to Cabin - paved roads to cabin, paved driveway
- Other cabins nearby are Wilderness Way and Sunset Ridge